AR Car Accident Lawyers
Injured in a Car Accident? We Can Help You. Our team of personal injury lawyers is always here to help you out. Call xxxxx today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent injured clients.
What to do After a Car Accident
There are always a few steps to take after a car accident:
- Obtain medical care- You should review your and your passenger’s physical conditions after a crash. If you or someone else in the vehicle has more than a few bumps or bruises, call 1122 and request medical help right away.
- Call the police- Whether or not anyone has been injured, you need to file a police report regarding the accident. Call 15 or your local law enforcement’s non-emergency number to request officers be dispatched to the scene of the accident.
- Collect information- Ask for the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. If there are witnesses, obtain their names and contact info too.
Whether you followed these steps or not after a crash, you should speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as you can. At AR Law Firm, we understand it can be difficult to follow these steps after a painful and unexpected collision. If you were taken to the hospital, you probably did not speak to the police, other driver, or witnesses. We will help you obtain the information you need after the fact. We will thoroughly investigate the collision, including working with experts like accident reconstructionists, to determine what happened and who is liable.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are many reasons that car accidents occur at such as common rate. Collisions often occur because of:
- Speeding above the posted limit
- Speeding above what is appropriate for the conditions
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Reckless driving
- Failing to yield to the right of way
- Driving the wrong way on a street
- Poor weather conditions
The underlying cause of your accident matters for a number of reasons, one of which is to determine who is liable for compensating you for your injuries. If you are unsure of why the crash occurred and who is responsible, contact AR Law Group’s car accident lawyers to discuss car accident liability right away.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some collisions are minor and lead to few injuries. Unfortunately, as you may be experiencing right now, many crashes are significant and cause multiple serious injuries. Some common car accident injuries include but are not limited to:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Soft tissue issues like muscles strain and sprains
- Broken bones
- Minor, moderate, and severe brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis and nerve damage
- Psychological trauma
Whatever your specific injuries after a car accident, you should speak with the Jersey City car accident lawyers from AR Law Group as soon as possible. We have experience with a wide range of collisions and resulting injuries, from minor-to-catastrophic harm. We will thoroughly review your situation, including all of the major and minute effects of your injury on your life in order to give you an objective estimate of the value of your claim.
Car Accident Compensation
The potential value of your car accident claim depends on the type and extent of the damages you suffered from the crash. Typically, car accident compensation includes past and future:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Property damages
All of these physical, psychological, and financial injuries are compensable damages. The settlement or court award you receive for them is intended to make you as whole as possible. However, you may also be entitled to punitive damages, which are intended to punish the wrongdoer, not compensate you for your injuries. Punitive damages are not common in many car accidents, but if you were involved in an egregious situation, in which the other driver was extremely reckless, then speak with our Jersey City car accident lawyers about this additional type of financial recovery.
Pursuing a Car Accident Claim
If you were injured in a car accident that was another person’s fault, then you should speak with our experienced and tenacious accident attorneys at AR Law Group. In most situations, you will first try to recover compensation through a third-party insurance claim against the at-fault party’s insurance policy. This overview of this process may seem simple, however many complications can arise, making it important to work with an attorney. At the very least, you will need to provide the insurance adjuster with a statement regarding the accident, documentation such as the police report, and medical records proving your injuries. At AR Law Group, we can help you provide evidence for your claim, increasing the chance of an approval. Then we will negotiate for a higher settlement, always fighting for you to obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
However, there are many scenarios in which you will need to a file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation. If you were hit by an uninsured or under-insured driver, or the insurer denies your claim, then a lawsuit may be your only way to obtain compensation. Also, filing suit enables you to utilize the discovery process, which can help you gather evidence of another party’s fault.
If you have any questions regarding the insurance claim process or personal injury lawsuits after a car accident, call us immediately.
Common Insurance Issues
Sometimes insurance claims go smoothly. Other times you encounter a number of problems that require an attorney’s attention. Some common insurance issues that can arise during a car accident claim include:
- Insurance claim denials– If you believe your claim was wrongly denied, call AR lawyer as soon as possible.
- Low ball settlement offers- Insurers may quickly offer you a low settlement amount to resolve the claim. You should always carefully review an initial offer. It is often far lower than the compensation you deserve under the law. You have the right to refuse it and negotiate for a higher amount.
- Bad faith- Insurers are required to treat you fairly and process your claim in good faith. If you believe you are being treated unfairly or unlawfully, call AR Law Group right away. When an insurer acts in bad faith, you may have an additional legal claim against it.
- Contributory negligence- Under New Jersey’s modified comparative negligence rule, your right to recover compensation may be denied if an insurer believes there is evidence that you are more at fault for the accident than the other driver.
- If you had an accident with an uninsured or under-insured driver, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit against the other person. Our car accident attorneys can help you pursue compensation in court.
Fatal Car Accident Claims
If you lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, do not hesitate to reach out to our car accident lawyers at AR Law Group. We will investigate your situation and review whether you or your family has the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault driver. If you are the decedent’s surviving spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling, or child you may have the right to file suit and fight for compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of decedent’s financial contributions
- Loss of love and companionship
- Loss of the decedent’s services
Let Our Car Accident Lawyers Help You
After suffering injuries in a car accident or losing a loved one, the best thing you can do for yourself is to work with a car accident lawyer at AR Law Group. With more than a decade of experience, the attorneys of AR Law Group have the knowledge and skills you need to fight for justice and the compensation you deserve under the law. We will investigate and analyze your situation to determine your best course of action. Whether you should pursue an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, we will always explain your rights and legal options.
For more information on how AR Law Group’s injury attorneys can help you and your family, contact us online or call xxxxx to schedule a free consultation.