Slip and Fall Attorney
Slip and fall claims are based on accidents where a property owner allows an unsafe condition to exist on property and that danger causes injuries. Slip and fall accidents happen frequently in commercial establishments like malls, grocery stores, amusement parks, movie theaters, or hotels. They can also occur in residential properties like apartments and condominium buildings. These accidents also happen in common outdoor spaces like sidewalks and parking lots.
Slip and fall claims are also called “premises liability” cases because they are based on a legal duty to ensure that a premises is reasonably safe. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you should consult with AR Law Group’s experienced personal injury attorneys with getting compensation for your injuries. Call us at xxxx, so we can discuss the facts of your case with you.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
There are many possible causes of slip and fall accidents, and the kind of evidence required to support a slip and fall claim depends on the circumstances.
Any of the following conditions may cause slip and fall accidents:
- Wet or slippery floors caused by liquid spills or recent waxing or mopping
- Uneven walking surfaces caused by torn carpets, loose floorboards, loose mats, or uneven stairs
- Clutter, garbage, or other debris left on common areas
- Common walkways or stairways that have inadequate lighting
- Weather-related conditions such as icy sidewalks
- Walking surfaces or sidewalks that are damaged by potholes or ditches
Obvious Dangers and Duty to Warn
In cases where the dangerous condition on a premises is open and obvious, people should reasonably be able to become aware of the danger and avoid it. However, even if the unsafe condition was obvious, the person or company that maintains the property may still be liable for injuries if it was unreasonably dangerous under the circumstances.
Additionally, if the owner or property maintainer knows that there is a dangerous condition on the property, they may avoid liability by providing warning to guests. The warning has to be sufficient to call the guest’s attention to the danger. However, there is usually no duty to warn trespassers.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
The kinds of injuries a person may suffer from a slip and fall accident will depend on several factors such as the health and age of the victim, the kind of surface involved, the elevation of the fall, and any objects in the victim’s way. Common injuries may include:
- Sprains and fractures – The sudden movement of a slip and fall may cause a victim to twist an ankle or a knee. If a victim falls on a hard surface, the impact may be enough to cause bone fractures.
- Injuries to the neck, back, or spinal cord – Falls may cause injuries to the victim’s vertebrae or cause slipped discs. These injuries may result in a significant amount of pain and reduced mobility. Spinal cord injuries may also lead to paralysis and loss of feeling or sensation.
- Brain and head injuries – A slip and fall may cause a severe blow to the head, which can cause concussions. The impact to the head may also cause traumatic brain injuries that can have short-term and long-term cognitive effects.
AR Law Group has years of combined experience helping people with personal injury claims, including slip and fall injuries. These cases can involve complex legal issues, procedures, and requirements. An experienced law firm like AR Law Group can help you with a strategy for receiving compensation for your injuries. Don’t hesitate to call us at xxxx for a free consultation to discuss your options.